A Celebration Of Seafood With Recipes and Techniques, Shipped Right to Your Door
Greek Octopus with Ditalini Pasta Recipe
In a rich tomato-based sauce, tender octopus is combined with ditalini pasta in this traditional Greek recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Remove the beak, head, and ink sac from the octopus to clean and prepare it.
- Cut the octopus into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until translucent.
- Sauté the octopus pieces until they begin to brown.
- Cook for a few minutes after adding the red wine.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, water, salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook the octopus for 45-60 minutes, or until tender.
- Cook the ditalini pasta according to package directions in a separate pot.
- Drain the pasta and combine it with the octopus in the pot.
- Cook for a few minutes more, or until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Stainless Steel Set Of Crab Crackers And Lobster Picks
Seafood Boil Bags
Pacific Northwest Seafood Cookbook
Anchovies, Mushrooms and Spaghetti Recipe
Salmon, Zucchini and Eggplant with Bell Peppers Recipe
Tuna Tartare Tacos with Black Sesame Seeds and Seaweed Recipe
Salmon and Shrimp Risotto with Asparagus Recipe