A Celebration Of Seafood With Recipes and Techniques, Shipped Right to Your Door
Brazilian Shrimp Stew and Rice Recipe
This hearty and comforting Brazilian Shrimp Stew is ideal for a weeknight dinner. Tender shrimp, flavorful spices, and creamy coconut milk combine to make a delicious and filling meal. For the ultimate comfort food experience, serve it over a bed of fluffy white rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Preheat a large pot or Dutch oven to medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion and olive oil for 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Sauté the garlic, red and green bell peppers, and tomatoes in the pot for 3-4 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomato paste, chicken broth, coconut milk, paprika, cumin, chili powder, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the shrimp to coat them with the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the stew for 20-25 minutes, or until the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Prepare the rice in the meantime.
- Rinse the rice through a fine-mesh strainer and place it in a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and cover the pot tightly with a lid.
- Allow the rice to simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until all of the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Serve the rice with the shrimp stew, fluffed with a fork.
Fish For You
Stainless Steel Set Of Crab Crackers And Lobster Picks
Seafood Boil Bags
Mixed Seafood Platter Recipe
Octopus Carpaccio with Olive Oil Recipe
Egg Net Pad Thai with Soft Shell Crab Recipe
Seafood Bouillabaisse Soup with Mussels, Lobsters, Carrots and Pearl Onions Recipe