The Essential Kitchen Companion For Seafood Lovers, Shipped Right to Your Door
Battered Haddock, Fries and Tartar Sauce Recipe
This traditional British dish is a family favorite and ideal for a Friday night dinner. The crispy battered haddock, golden fries, and tangy tartar sauce are a winning combination that will please all palates.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cut them into fries.
- Drizzle olive oil over the fries and season with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- To coat evenly, toss.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the fries are crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the haddock batter.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the egg and cold water until smooth.
- Dip the haddock fillets into the batter, coating them completely.
- Heat enough oil to coat the bottom of a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through, until the haddock fillets are golden brown and cooked through.
- Prepare the tartar sauce while the haddock is cooking.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, pickles, capers, parsley, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Serve the battered haddock and fries alongside the tartar sauce.
Fish For You
Stainless Steel Set Of Crab Crackers And Lobster Picks
Seafood Boil Bags
Surf and Turf Poke Bowl with Shrimp and Steak Recipe
Cajun Seafood Boil with Crawfish, Mussels and Shrimp Recipe
Mediterranean Mussels Recipe
Tuna Fish Wrap Recipe